Friday, June 04, 2010

Nine Servings of Fruit


"The fruit of the Spirit is LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, KINDNESS, GOODNESS, FAITHFULNESS, GENTLENESS and SELF-CONTROL" Galatians 5:22 ~♥~

Have you noticed that you can read the same scripture several times and it can have a different meaning to you, depending on what you are going through at that point in your life. I recently came across Galatians 5:22 in my daily readings and interestingly enough, I was able to somehow correlate this scripture to a "Healthier Way of Living".

You see, my husband and I are in the process of "Transforming" our eating habits by eating more fresh Vegetables and "Fruits" every day because research tells us that vegetables and fruits are critical to promoting good health. We all know people who are healthy and have amazing bodies and when we ask them what they eat, their response always includes; "fruits and vegetables". Why not emulate them because they seem to know what they're doing, Right? A friend recently invited me to go grocery shopping with her so that I may learn more about healthier food choices. I thought to myself "why not?, after all, I am trying to make better choices and just by looking at her, she is obviously doing something right."

Just as our daily servings of Vegetables and Fruits can promote better health and better bodies, the nine daily servings of Spiritual Fruit in the book of Galatians can promote our Spiritual Health. The fruit of the Spirit is a physical manifestation of a Christian's transformed life. When we have been walking with Christ, our lives will start to show His attributes. Our walk with Jesus is also a transformation process as it says in Romans 12:2 "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind."

As I was sharing with my husband about my desire to start a blog about the Fruit of the Spirit, he pointed out that the first of 9 fruits mentioned in Galatians is "Love" because "God is Love" 1 John 4:16 . It all begins with Him.


2 comments:

Christine said...

Amen sister! I look forward to watching your growth and because you've shared your heart, I look forward to growing in the Lord with you. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Christine, that's very sweet. The Lord has put so many things on my heart that I want to share, so I'm praying that i'll make time once or twice a week to post a new blog. God Bless you sis.